It is hoped that the event will be opened by Giles Clotworthy & John Longworth‐Kraft, they both had involvement in the restoration of Shamrock and her initial sea trials.
Plans for the day include:
- Shamrock dressed overall and open for visitors.
- Information boards detailing Shamrock's restoration & history.
- Anthony Rose sea shanties/folk songs (onboard Shamrock).
- Small game stalls.
- Children’s Treasure Hunt and other activities.
- Weights & Pulleys – educational demo.
- Basic knot tying.
- Boat shed open for visitors.
- The Edgcumbe will be having Shamrock themed food (Shamrock high tea & ships biscuits)
- Possibly Morris Dancers, not yet confirmed.
After a bit of a false start the last couple of weeks has seen the completion of two successful Get Knotted workshops with one of the attendees even demonstrating the 'Alpine Butterfly Bend' while onboard Shamrock.