Saturday 16th April 2016 has been chosen as the date to celebrate the handover of Shamrock shares held by the National Maritime Museum to the National Trust. The tide is right so the old lady should be afloat ready to welcome her visitors.
While preparing the handovers official paperwork, copies of Shamrock's old registry documents were found, including her first one which is dated 7th September 1899 with Tom Williams as sole owner and there is a single entry dated 27th May 1907 recording when Tom and his brother Fredrick became joint owners with 32 shares each. There is an entry in red which reads 'Registry closed this 14th July 1919. Vessel reregistered anew in consequence of material alterations'. This was the result of having an engine fitted and instead of being a pure sailing ship Shamrock became a sailing ship with auxiliary motor.